Car and Truck Accidents
- Lemon Laws in Washington - Washington Attorney General website: Informative website with details on Washington state's Lemon Laws. Find information about what vehicles qualify under the Lemon law, what defects are covered, what information and documentation is required to make a claim, and much more.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Government agency aimed at improving road safety through the study and review of road and driving conditions. Goal of agency is to reduced traffic related crashes in an ongoing effort to save lives and prevent injuries. Statistics and recommendations for better road safety can be found throughout the site.
- Safercar.gov: Government website devoted to Tire safety. File a defect tire complaint. Check on an existing tire defect complaint. Check ongoing tire defect investigations. Check for tire recalls. Plus loads of other tire related information and tips.
- Washington Traffic Safety Commission: Washington Traffic Safety Commission promotes traffic safety through education campaigns, law enforcement support, and engineering solutions. The goal of the WTSC is to prevent fatal and serious car accidents on Washington roadways.
- American Motorcylist Association: The AMA is one of the largest and oldest motorcycle organizations with a mission to promote and prtoect the motorcyclist lifestyle. The AMA advocates for the motorcycle community at the local, state and federal government. Through its sponsorship of professional and amateur racing events the AMA aims to preserve the hertigage of motorcycling for the future.
- Helmet Buying Tips: Thinking about buying a motorcycle helmet and not sure if going with an inexpensive helmet is a good idea. Check out this article.
- Insurance Information Institute - Motorcycle Crash Statistics: Comprehensive look at national motorcycle crash statistics over the last ten years. Looking for a motorcycle crash stat, you'll find it here.
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation: Rider education site, with tips and checklists for safe riding. Also offers a rider safety course to improve your riding skills.
- Northwest Harley Blog: Pacific Northwest based Motorcycle Blog with news, trends, and information about riding motorcycles in the U.S. Harley Davidson motorcycles are the featured bike of choice, with links to pictures, events, custom bike builders, clubs, organizations, and many other great motorcycle related topics.
- Pacific Northwest Motorcycle Safety: Motorcycle riding school that offers classes for beginners through experienced riders.
- Puget Sound Safety: Motorcycle riding school that offers classes for beginners and experienced riders.
- Sound Rider: Pacific Northwest motorcycle resource site. Lots of local event announsements and rider information.
- Thunder Press: Harley Davidson and Amercian Motorcycle news. Tons of motorcycle related links as well.
- U.S. Motorcycle and Bicycle Helmet Laws: Motorcycle, scooter, and bicycle helmet laws across the U.S.
- Washington state Motorcycle Laws and Regulations
Wrongful Death & Fatal Accidents
- Physicians' Desk Reference: Medical information website where you can look up drugs, medical conditions and diseases, and medical related topics.
- Bicycle Alliance of Washington: The Bicycle Alliance advocates for bicyclists and a more bike friendly Washington. Bicycle Alliance of Washington is a nonprofit organization that emphasizes greater bicycle education and bike accessibility for all.
- Bicycle Almanac: Bike Safety Statistics: Bicycle safety, fatality, and injury statistics and information from across the U.S.
- Bicycle Helmet Laws - Local Cities & Counties: There is no Washington state wide requirement to wear a bicycle helmet when riding. However, many local governments like King County which include the City of Seattle require bicycle helmets to be worn when riding. List of those local cities and counties.
- BicycleSafe.com: Ten ways to avoid being hit by cars. How not to get get hit by cars, important lessons in bicycle safety.
- Cascade Bicycle Club: 11,000 member non-profit bicycle club based out of Seattle, Washington. Cascade Bicycle Clubs is active in bike advocay throughout Washington state promoting bicycle safety and accessability in local cities and towns. CBC also puts on the Seattle to Portland (STP) bike ride that draws 10,000 riders each year. CBC also orginizers many other rides each year, including Chilly Hilly, RSVP, Kitsap Color Classic, Ride Around Washington, and others.
- Redmond Cycling Club: Bicycle club based out of Redmond, Washington. Redmond Cycling Club is repsonsible for organizing RAMROD each year. RAMROD is the Ride Around Mt. Rainier in One Day, which is a challenging feat. RAMROD covers 154 miles and 10,000 feet uphill riding.
- Washington State Bicycle Laws - WSDOT: Washington State Department of Transportation site listing various bicycle laws in Washington state.
- Health Care Choices:
Information about Washington state doctors including education, training, specialty, malpractice and disciplinary proceedings.
- Health Grades: Ratings for hospitals, doctors, dentists, and nursing homes.
- New England Journal of Medicine: New England Journal of Medicine website. Current medical topics and information.
- Puget Sound Alliance Health Checkup: Online tool for comparing quality of services from Washington state hospitals and clinics. Find out which hospitals have the best survival rates, which clinics do the best job treating chronic depression, and more. The site is operated by a Seattle nonprofit.
- Quackwatch: Health related watchdog site run by Dr. Stephen Barnett. Site seeks to fight health related frauds, myths, fallacies and misconduct.
- RxList: Internet drug index. Information about prescription drugs.
- Insurance Information Institute: Lots of information about car, motorcycle and other types of insurance. Setup in a question answer format that makes it easier to find answers to your insurance questions.
- National Traffic Safety Board: Government agency that investigates primary aviation crashes and significant accidents in other modes of transportation including boats, railroad, highway, and pipeline. The agency investigates then makes safety recommendations to prevent future accidents.